Tuesday 22 January 2008

Audio blog - update

Morning all. I mentioned in my last entry from yesterday that I had found a website that could convert blog entries into MP3 soundfiles. Got the answer back this morning, which implies that I have to tweak the underlying HTML code for AOL Journals, to which we do not have access. Yes, we can put a little code into sidebars and entries, but the template is beyond our reach. I'll put an email out to the Journals team though.

Here in Stornoway, the tables are turned. It's blowing and it's wet. After my glib remarks that we were having the best weather in the country, the rest of the country is now bathed in beautiful winter sunshine and I'm in the dreich weather. Oh well, can't have it all. Overnight, the temperature rose from -2C at midnight to +6C at the moment.

4 comments:

  1. Sorry about your weather.  Not much sun here, just grey skies.  Interesting about the audio thing.  I think I would still like mine in written form.  We do not know how it is going to work, whether it would be read in an American accent, whether it would pick up on all the words.  And, of course, there would be no photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to you getting it into action one day Guido....never say die!   Lol!

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, too bad your nice weather could not have continued.  LOL, Your weather boasting came back to bite you~ seems to always happen that way.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe someday AOL will tweak it themselves so it will work fine.  Weather here is cold...no rain or snow today.
    Take care,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete