Tuesday 22 January 2008

Entries read out

Cracked it. If you click on the Odiogo logo in my sidebar you will be taken to this page. It will show the last dozen or so entries. When you click on one of them, it will be read out. A couple of notes on that:

- it is an artificial voice, pretty good but
- not all words are pronounced correctly
- there are gaps where no gaps should occur

Nonetheless, a nice gimmick.

Want to subscribe yourself? Visit the website. It takes a number of hours for them to process you. You cannot embed code into your AOL journal the way they suggest you do (you can if you're on Blogger or such like), but the link to the podcast page is working though.

Tags:

5 comments:

  1. Well, I listened to a few.  I have to admit it is not really for me.  I did not like the gaps and the errors in words.  Also I can imagine it is pretty technical and to go back over three and a half years very time consuming.  Like you say a good gimmick but I would prefer AOL to find us a better way of downloading onto your own computers.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listened to a couple of your entries...I like it but sometimes the voice and delivery is a little creepy.  I would much prefer to hear the journal author speaking ~ now that would neat.  Good job on getting this to work Guido.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Guido,


    I agree with the other comments- the voice on Odiogo sounds artificial.  If we could hear your voice, that would be great.  But, you did a good job getting it to work for you.  

    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew you would ferret out the answer to this one Guido.
    It was quite novel.  A boon to those who can't see well and who would appreciate the spoken...sort of...word.
    Well done for cracking it but I don't think I will bother with it myself.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, a nice gimmick, and of more particular use for those w/out good vision.

    I now see why your later entry re: YOU reading your entries.   (I don't even use my own voice on my home telephone answering system, lol.)

    I'm glad that this generic voice is an option:)  

    ReplyDelete