Friday 18 January 2008

Evening notes

We had galeforce winds for a few hours, although the worst appears to be over. Walking in galeforce winds means that it is difficult to go in the direction you want to on account of the strength of the winds. 40 mph is quite a windspeed. Nonetheless, if you were in the centre of cyclone Funa, you'd be blown away with 90 mph winds. The disruption page of regional ferry operator Caledonian MacBrayne is awash with disrupted or cancelled ferries. Our ferry is off until tomorrow morning, as are the services around the Isle of Mull.

Later this evening, I endeavour to get up to date with the pile of alerts that awaits me in my email inbox. For now, I'm downloading stuff into iTunes (radioshows and the like) and entering my local history research into a spreadsheet.


Last weekend I found I had worn out my third computermouse in as many years. Dug out an optical mouse, which (probably) does not wear out.

8 comments:

  1. Hope  you didn't go out to test the winds Guido.   We are having strong gusts and non stop rain here in the lakes.

    I have a lot of work to be catching up on too.  I just don't have the oomph at the moment.
    Stay warm and dry.
    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I listen to talk radio a lot....What type of radio shows do you listen to? Sounds like you've been busy...and busy is good. I need to do more of busy...June:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently I have had word AOL are updating everyone to a new network dialbb and I have had real problems this last two days getting signed in.Grrrrr I have just been cut off twice in live help telling me the technition had left the conversation.I keep getting disconnected and have done for two days also.So theres a gale force wind blowing here too guido.Grrrr.Enjoy your evening.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that's some strong winds! Stay safe Guido.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA at that mouse photo!

    Yep, I can still walk in 40 mph winds.  I don't LIKE to, and it's difficult to do, but I can.  I do believe I'd be swept right off my feet in 90 mph!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do believe 90 mph winds would blow me right off my feet, 40 would be bad enough.  Stay safe!  I like your new mouse. LOL
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Terrible winds you had that day...wow.
    That is some kind of a cool looking mouse...
    Hope you are having a great weekend.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a fantastic looking mouse.!!!!!
    Not sure if I could put my hand on it though.
    Have a good Wednesday.
    Hugs
    Carolxx

    ReplyDelete