Monday 21 January 2008

Evening notes

Best weather in the country to be had in the Western Isles, judging by all the problems with flooding, rain and snow in England. Temperature at the moment -1C / 30F under a clear sky. Over on the mainland, overnight lows will be -6C / 20F.

Heard of a mid-air collision between two small planes over Los Angeles, where 5 people died, including one person in a car dealership who was hit by debris. Apparently, there was no airtraffic control applying in the area.

The tropical cyclone which was threatening New Zealand has transformed into an 'ordinary' depression, although the country is being lashed by rain and gales. No other cyclones appear to be on the cards.

6 comments:

  1. that airplane crash is about 40 miles from where I live; read about it in the paper this morning, sad

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. There certainly seems to be a rash of airplane disasters these past few days.  This only enforces my "no fly" rule!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. morning guido, there seems to be alot of air accidents at the moment, i'm glad i don't fly! We had strong winds and lots of rain last night, it all stopped at around 11pm and this morning it was lovely to see the sun again and a bit of blue sky, not too cold either! have a good day mrs t x
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mleppard06/eternity/

    ReplyDelete
  4. a bit of sun here in south UK... gives me a bit of energy :D
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I woke to frost this morning Guido....so much better than rain, rain, rain!
    My daughter said she drove into Carlisle to Uni o.k. this morning.  No flood waters.
    Thank goodness!
    I have only every flown twice.. once in a Piper Cherokee from Blackpool Airport.   I was sending my children up as a treat to fly round Blackpool Tower.  I bought the tickets and walked away then thought why are you sending them up there when you are afraid of flying and crashing so much.  So up I went.  If they went I went.  It was a bumpy ride which gave me the same feeling in myu stomach as a roller coaster ride....but I did it.  
    How helpless those poor people in the air crash must have felt when theirs crashed.  I hope they didn't suffer.
    God bless them.

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I know a coworker's plane got hit by lightning Monday evening returning from the Caribbean, but I hadn't heard of this LA crash.

    Enjoy your "best weather in the country."  :)

    ReplyDelete