Saturday 26 January 2008

Evening notes

The ferry finally left at 5.40pm, and is due back at 12.30am, in about an hour's time. With a guest on board, who cannot go home on the bus. Last bus left 20 minutes ago. It's a bit blustery outside, and there is severe weather across the country. Northern England has been having it in the neck, with 70 mph gusts blowing over lorries on the A1M motorway yesterday and powercuts today.

Just been going through the submissions to the AOL Community Photoshoot, so hop along to these links for the line-up:

Beginners
Advanced

6 comments:

  1. I'm sick of winter already is it spring yet?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was freezing here yesterday.  Today, I've got the air conditioner on.  Tsk.  I'm gonna end up getting sick with this crazy weather.

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Temps were rather mild and nice for a change for us today.  Dirk and I got out and did a bit of shopping and stopped for a meal of fish and chips before coming home.  Have a nice Sunday and the rest of the week.

    Nelishia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I took a walk down by the Lake Saturday...its now the wee sma' hours of Sunday.... and it was blowing a hoolie!  Arctic cold too.  I was so glad I had on my thermals.

    What will happen to the poor passenger who has missed their bus link?
    They can't be left out in the cold....surely?

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope the ;ady managed to find transport to get her home. don't think the friendly islanders woudl leave her stranded...Keep warm.  Much better down here now I am glad to say the rain has at last stopped and water levels going down very quickly. Still a cold wind though. Sorry I somehow or other deleted the IM ? send again pls.  Sybil x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Pharm, have just spent a happy time looking at all the photograph entries, just lovely, gosh you guys live in some wonderful places. Peg oxo

    ReplyDelete