Thursday 24 January 2008

Free Rice


Got this from Barbara [Life and Faith in Caneyhead]. Freerice.com is a game that benefits the hungry in the world. You are given a word and 4 possible meanings, only one of which is correct. If you give the correct answer, 20 grains of rice will be donated to the United Nations Food Programme. When you give an incorrect answer, you go down a level. When you give several correct answers, you go up a level. The maximum level is 50, although most people do not get beyond 48. My best level is 46, and this addictive game has yielded 2,200 grains of rice so far from me. How will you do?

8 comments:

  1. i'll go try this.

    lj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I already went there when I saw Barbara's post.  My best score is 47

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna know who in the heck counts those 20 grains of rice--inquiring minds wanna know............
    I'm just a pesky lil brat-ain't I!!!
    ~c~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna go try this now!!  Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1300 grains of rice later.... LOL  Addicting game, isn't it?!  I was on level 40 before I thought "Okay....I gotta get up and start the laundry or I will be here all day!"

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. 4020 grains of rice later. Addicting game, yet for such a worthwhile cause. Then again I love words and anything that tries my intelligence even a little.  Thanks for the heads up. (Hugs)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to see word is getting around about this!  Thanks.  -- Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent cause and link.  I could not make it above level 40, but did donate 4380 grains.  Thanks for the heightened awareness.

    Bucko :o)

    ReplyDelete