Monday 21 January 2008

Monday notes

Occasional showers here today and not warm, only 5C. Rain and snow are moving up through Scotland, but are not expected to reach latitude 58N where I am.

Just want to make it clear that I had nothing to do with the picture of the men in a tub with a powersocket floating on flipflop. This was forwarded to me, and it sent a chill down my spine. How can anyone be that stupid, indeed.

Two powerstruggles going on around the world. South Africa has cut off electricity supplies to its neighbours, with Zimbabwe and Mozambique worst affected. South Africa is suffering increasing powercuts, due to a failure to invest in its electricity grids and generating capacity. The Gaza Strip has been plunged in darkness after Israel stopped supplies of fuel. This brought the sole powerstation in the area to a halt, and could potentially jeopardise the generators used by hospitals to keep going. Don't think that will solve any problems the two sides have with each other, in fact, it will make it worse.

8 comments:

  1. Guido, I thought you were one of the fellows in the pool!!....(I am kidding of course) - indeed that picture shows the perils of stupidity combined with alcohol & a swimming pool.

    I imagine the tension is going to be running high with the cutoff of electricity.  (Although the fellows in the pool should have had their power cut off!!)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. A pair of bright sparks if ever there was....twits!  
    some folks have no common sense...especially these two dimwits.  Lol!

    As I look out the window we are having a bit of sleet.
    My daughter tells me parts of Carlisle are flooded again!  She had to drive through water a foot deep on her return from University.  I hope those poor folks don't have to go through that experience again.  I am praying for it to turn off or at least to snow which is creeping over that way from the East coast.
    Re pwoer cuts....
    What next???  Its the people who suffer for goodness sake.  Why can't they just give folks back their comfort and electricity.  Now some go to war against others using pwer cuts instead of bullets.


    Russia doesn't need any more ideas either...

    Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been torrential rain here all day long .Good grief I don't have to take the boat across to the ocean today Guido.I can sail it in the car park opposite my window.It's terrible.As for the dim witts in the pool I was wondering if it was realy connected up and they just made it look to be, for the photograph.I just cannot see them risking that at all.Have a lovely Monday.Take Care God Bless Kath astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a sad feeling that the African continent is going into meltdown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. There has always been s omuch strife in Africa....it is so sad...  :-/

    Light rain and cool temps here today - with a bunch of fog.  Nice day in my book...

    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I despair of the way the world is going Guido. I just wish there were an easy solution to these difficult issues. I fear there will never be peace between israel and Palestine.

    Love Sandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess they don't know or understand the "Golden Rule."  "Do unto others as you would have them do to you."  Very sad!   Woke up to sun and 25 degress here in western Washington this morning.  Brrrrrrr    Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew it wasn't you my friend... but with the head cut off... I just had to :)~
    love ya

    ReplyDelete